There are many galleries, museums, and exhibitions for you to visit, and you can even converse with the artists in their own home galleries.
Go for a sculpture tour
Many sculptors have made their imprint in Hanko.
- Bird (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), Sibelius park, Esplanaadi
- Conciliation (Catharina Kajander), Raatihuoneentori
- The Cloud Woman (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), The Municipal Library
- Fish in the Water Tower (Einar Sandberg), Kirkkomäki
- The Guardian Angel (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), The New Cemetery
- Lenore (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), Jussi Lundmark park, Esplanaadi
- Marielle (Sten Fogelberg), Raatihuoneentori
- Oystercatcher (Pirkko Nukari), Vuorikatu
- Sea snake (Muddle Lilius, Kristian Kober, Heikki Räsänen), Vuorikatu
- Wind from the sea (Rafael Saifulin), Rantakatu
- The Koverhar Iron and Steel Plant Memorial (Heikki Kukkonen), Koverharintie
Galleries and museums open all year round
Hanko Museum is one of our city’s oldest buildings. They have a new exhibition every year about the fascinating history of Hanko. 2nd May...
Hanko Front Museum
The museum presents the history of the Hanko Front during the years 1939 to 1941, when Hanko peninsula was occupied by the Soviet Union. Opening...
The municipal library and gallery and artotheque
Changing exhibitions all year round in the gallery, and local art to rent and for sale in the artotheque. Further information on the webpage. ...
Town Hall Art Gallery
Changing exhibitions all year round. Further information on the webpage.
Alan’s café: exhibitions
Smaller, changing art exhibitions all year round.
The Old Bank on Bulevardi
Are you looking for an inspiring and unusual creative meeting space for a day or two? Architect Ernst G. Hedman designed the Bank on Bulevardi for...