There are many galleries, museums, and exhibitions for you to visit, and you can even converse with the artists in their own home galleries.
Plan a day in Hanko full of culture
Go for a sculpture tour
Many sculptors have made their imprint in Hanko.
- Bird (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), Sibelius park, Esplanaadi
- Conciliation (Catharina Kajander), Raatihuoneentori
- The Cloud Woman (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), The Municipal Library
- Fish in the Water Tower (Einar Sandberg), Kirkkomäki
- The Guardian Angel (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), The New Cemetery
- Lenore (Carl-Gustaf Lilius), Jussi Lundmark park, Esplanaadi
- Marielle (Sten Fogelberg), Raatihuoneentori
- Oystercatcher (Pirkko Nukari), Vuorikatu
- Sea snake (Muddle Lilius, Kristian Kober, Heikki Räsänen), Vuorikatu
- Wind from the sea (Rafael Saifulin), Rantakatu
- The Koverhar Iron and Steel Plant Memorial (Heikki Kukkonen), Koverharintie
Galleries and museums open all year round
Hanko Museum is one of our city’s oldest buildings. They have a new exhibition every year about the fascinating history of Hanko. This years...
The renewed museum presents the history of the Hanko Front during the years 1939 to 1941, when Hanko peninsula was occupied by the Soviet Union.
Changing exhibitions all year round in the gallery, and local art to rent and for sale in the artotheque. Further information on the webpage. ...
Changing exhibitions all year round. Further information on the webpage.