Information for a trail biker
Etiquette for a trail biker:
- The nature and the trails are for everyone to enjoy. Remember to be respectful towards other people
- Control your speed to keep everyone safe. As you probably are the one going the fastest, you are obligated to make way for others
- Keep to the existing routes and trails
- Using a helmet should be considered self-evident
- Avoid areas consisting of fragile nature
- Follow the rules of the area and routes and do not litter
- Be considerate against the residents of the area, the landowners and the administrators of the route
- Enjoying nature and the right of public access, also means remembering the obligations that comes with the rights!
(translated from “Maastopyöräilijän etiketti” by Suomen Latu in collaboration with Metsähallitus)
Where to turn if your bike needs repairing or spare parts:
- Sportia (tel +358 40 842 1787, Esplanaadi 126)
- Tokmanni (tel +358 30 047 2063, Santalantie 21 A)
- Hangon Pyörähuolto (tel +358 19 248 7904, Esplanaadi 92).
Note the following: These stores might not necessarily have parts for trail bikes, so it is recommended that you carry spare parts with you if possible.
A map for where not to bicycle in Hanko is found here.
Hop on a bike and ride around Hanko
You can follow the 19 km long signposted bike route that goes around the whole town. Stop for coffee or lunch on the way or bring your own lunch bag.
Maps are available at the tourist office or by ordering from here.
Guided tours and other activities
Suitable for everybody interested in learning more about trail biking. During the basics you learn to control the bike (position, braking, balance)...
Take a closer look at Hanko and the sea life with the help of a knowledgeable guide. We will walk in the town center, become acquainted with the...