Please note that dogs are not allowed to run free in public places, but should be held in leash.
The Finnish Hunting Act states that dogs must be kept on a leash all across Finland starting on Sunday, 1 March. The leashing period lasts from the beginning of March until 19 August.
Dog friendly beach areas
In Hanko, dogs can enjoy the beach life, but remember that on the public beaches dogs are NOT allowed.
Dog friendly beach areas:
Dog friendly restaurants and cafés
- Bryggan – only on the terrace
- Beach Bar Plagen
- Classic Pizza
- Elvan Bistro
- Golf Café – only on the terrace
- Restaurant Hangon Portti
- HSF Marine Café
- Makasiini – only on the terrace
- House of the Four Winds – only on the terrace
- På Kroken – only on the terrace
- Regatta Lounge – in the hotel lounge and on the terrace
- Smörmagasinet – please ask permission first
Observe that the dog has to get a long with other dogs and humans. The dog has to be on leash and the chairs is meant for humans if not otherwise told. Everybody has to be able to enjoy their time in the restaurant.
Favorite dog walks
- Tulliniemi nature path – a nice longer walk and you walk on both on rocky roads and in the forest. In the end of the path you get the feeling of being in the archipelago.
- Kone forest – the dog park is close and the forest is really big
- Puistovuoret – a nice walk in the “city”
- Bellevue – walk along Bellevue beach to the House of the Four Winds and Mannerheimintie back
- Peikon Polku nature trail – perfect for dogs in all sizes