A climate-friendly Christmas
- Don’t buy more than the necessary amount of food.
- Use Finnish ingredients, including root vegetables, root vegetables and Finnish fish.
- Christmas celebrations typically generate a lot of waste, including packaging and wrapping paper. Recycle waste correctly. Please use packages and wrapping paper more than once.
- Use LED lights. They have low power consumption.
- Cook multiple Christmas dishes at once instead of heating the oven for just one dish.
- Is sauna a part of your Christmas traditions? Enjoy the sauna, but please note that an electrical heater consumes a lot of energy, so please don’t heat it too much.
Sustainable and non-material gift ideas
- Support local businesses.
- Purchase services. How about a gift certificate for a massage?
- Give the gift of time! Teach a afriend a new skill, participate in an interesting course together or treat them to a delicious meal.
Made in Hanko
Products made in Hanko by local artisans. Opening hours: Fri-Sat 10-16 Sun 12-15
The southernmost goldsmith’s shop in Finland. Here you can find beautiful Finnish designs, clocks, gifts and unique jewelry by Sture Lagerroos....