Heikki Kukkonen 2016 Former employees of the plant initiated the steel monument in memory of one of the most historically important industries in >
Hanko has had an active cultural life throughout its existence. The aesthetic environment feeds creativity.
The chapel was built by Carl V. Gylphe in 1920 as a memorial for his daughter Lucie Vera, who died at the age of two. The chapel was planned by >
The Church was originally consecrated as a prayer-house for the Evangelical Movement in 1913. During the Russian occupation of the area in 1941, the >
The church was built in 1892 to the Neo-Gothic design of Jac. Ahrenberg. The church was repaired after the last war and restored in 1972-73. The >
The renewed museum presents the history of the Hanko Front during the years 1939 to 1941, when Hanko peninsula was occupied by the Soviet Union.
Changing art exhibitions, open all year round by prior appointment.
Watercolours. Permanent exhibitions at Pizzeria Nadin, Ratakatu 22 and Alan’s Café, Raatihuoneentori 4.
Oil paintings, water colours, graphics. Further information on the webpage.
Changing exhibitions all year round in the gallery, and local art to rent and for sale in the artotheque. Further information on the webpage. >
Because of the many Russian spa guests the Orthodox Church built in Hanko in 1895. The Church was designed by architect Barankejev. Spa guests also >
Changing exhibitions all year round. Further information on the webpage.